Friday, December 31st. New Year's Eve.
After homework reading and thank you notes, the girls spent the morning playing first Barbie (Laureva made a Play-Doh ball for the cat to play with) and then Harry Potter. They were still in character when we sat down to lunch, so I had to pretend to be a Ravenclaw Prefect as we ate.
At 9:30, I went to the Post Office to mail a box of Christmas gifts to Gabrielle and Louis. Then it was time for my haircut appointment. The hairdresser told me her sister-in-law has Covid. Her daughter, Jeanne, is in Laureva's class so I guess she'll be absent next week. I arrived back home about 10:30, at which point Sylvain left for his annual outdoor New Year's Eve Day gathering with his friends.
Workwise, I decided to power through finishing evaluations for my second year Masters students. Yipee. That's done. Next week, it'll be on to the first years. I even had about an hour left to start reading the final Oates story of the thesis corpus.
After 5pm yoga, I joined the girls who had started putting together Laureva's 3D light-up puzzle of the Eiffel Tower from Jackye and Alain. We kept working on it until they went next door at 7 for New Year's Eve with Marie-Elisabeth. Sylvain arrived home a bit later and we had our own celebration with champagne, caviar, foie gras, smoked salmon and king crab. It was quite the tasty little apero!
On a less festive note. Franck has contracted Covid, so he won't be going back to school Monday either. His symptoms are reportedly cold-like. Loriane and Izia are both still Covid free for now. Monday, Franck helped a friend move. Sylvain had initially volunteered to help as well, but fortunately begged off when he learned that several guys in the party were contact cases. I'm so glad he did.
France has topped 200,000 daily cases for the second time. Outdoor mask mandates are being reinstated as of today in several regions across the country, including the BDR, where we are.
1 comments:
I hope Franck feels better soon, and fingers crossed for minimal spread. Happy new year!
Post a Comment