Saturday, January 29, 2022

Lascours Lockdown, Day 686

Saturday, January 29th.


After crêpes for breakfast, it was a typical Saturday morning in many respects, except that the girls spent almost all of it downstairs in their room doing two hours and twenty minutes of penalty time that they had accumulated over the week due to rudeness, not putting their things away and not being responsible with their eyeglasses. Meanwhile, I did the exercise bike and baked bread and pizza.

At lunch time, Laureva told Sylvain that whenever she found coins on the desk in the office that I had put there after they'd fallen out of his clothes, she took them for herself. When Sylvain objected that he risked not being able to pay for lunches and thus going hungry, Laureva said that wasn't true because I would give him money as I'm the one who pays for everything. Sylvain and I both burst out laughing. Further proof the girls see me as the boss!

This afternoon, the girls went to their conditioning session at the tennis club, then did an hour of reading. Meanwhile, I continued grading. The stack finally seems to be getting a little shorter. Afterwards, Laureva and I went to pick up her glasses and my watch. I think I like the new brown band better than the old white one. Laureva was initially unhappy with her new glasses, but seemed to get used to them and warm to them relatively quickly. After a couple hours, she even accepted our compliments about how nice they look on her. 

This evening, the girls mixed up a concoction for growing crystals on some plaster forms they molded last weekend. They also continued working on the 1,000-piece Costco puzzle from Evan and Julie with Sylvain. Sylvain thinks they may be able to finish it tomorrow. I baked a loaf of sweet potato bread and graded a few more papers.

2 comments:

Roy said...

Reminds me of Rachel in Strasbourg.

Tanya said...

But Rachel was only three and a half then.