Saturday, January 8, 2022

Lift off

Saturday was a busy day at home. It stayed dry out, and tonight the stars are visible all over the sky.


I took out the Christmas tree, among other chores, and wandered around the yard. Most things seem to have weathered the cold and the rain just fine. The big rain barrel needs its screen cleaned again, though.

The kids tried out Colin's vinegar and baking soda rocket, but we had misplaced the instructions. It took off a little bit. Turns out we were supposed to shake it. Maybe we'll try again tomorrow.

In the afternoon, I pulled out the new pizza oven and followed the instructions for seasoning it. That meant heating it up but not cooking anything in it, then wiping it clean after it cooled. I'll try making some pizza tomorrow.

Nicole and I watched Don't Look Up this evening. I thought it was funny, but it made Nicole anxious, so I guess enjoyment depends on your level of detachment. We watched an episode of the post-apocalyptic Station Eleven after. It was so calming that Nicole fell asleep. 

1 comments:

Tanya said...

Once the apocalypse has arrived, no need to be anxious about its coming. Ha ha.