Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Lascours Lockdown, Day 339

Tuesday, February 16th

We don't have cool glacier ice caves, but we do have a heart-shaped tree trunk! This is a cherry tree (if I remember correctly) the neighbor felled in the lot on the right at the bottom of our drive as you go down.

It was sprinkling a little this morning and I had to take the car to pick up groceries, so the girls asked to be dropped off in front of school. I asked Maëva to wait with Laureva, as Laureva's class goes in first at their own separate gate. I picked up groceries, went to the organic market for a few more things, then stopped by Gifi for a frame for Maëva's Valentine's poster. 

I had plugged in the car last night, but noticed this morning that it hadn't charged. When I got home, I discovered that the veranda breaker had been tripped again. I flipped it back on. I hope it'll work tonight as it's warmed up quite a bit. The problem may have been related to the recent cold weather. It has always seemed to occur during cold spells.

When I was out, I heard on the radio that the UK variant currently accounts for 35% of positive test results in France. The Brazil and South Africa variants account for 3% of cases. 

Bad news today of more losses for people we know. A local acquaintance, Stéphane Olivier, passed away yesterday from cancer. He was just a few years older than Sylvain and had been fighting it for over a year. Pancreatic, I think. We also learned today that Michel Bouvet is not expected to make it. They've said there's nothing more they can do. He is no longer intubated and is not expected to remain with us much longer. Both men were/are in their fifties with children in their twenties.

1 comments:

Roy said...

Bark looks like cherry. Sorry to hear about Stéphane and Michel.