Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Lascours Lockdown, Day 346

Tuesday, February 23rd. 

After breakfast, we went to the girls' room to be out of the way of the cleaning lady. I helped the girls begin their Valentine's cat cross stitch (Laureva) and llama embroidery (Maëva) kits. 
At ten, the girls went next door and I went out for grocery pickup and other errands. Back home, I sanitized and put away groceries. Then, when I went to set up a new power strip in the bathroom for various appliances, I noticed my sink was leaking. I condemned the sink and adapted my plans until I can get out tools to see about fixing it. Finally, I finished sorting the girls clothes from Fred into two new plastic bins. 
During reading time, I started reading an article about Poe's life. I hadn't known/remembered that he was such a brilliant student. After, the girls and I went on another walk, this time to the Grand Vallon. We stopped to play in a field and the girls taught me how to play 1-2-3 Ninja Pose. 
Back home, the girls went back to their sewing projects. Maëva finished embroidering the llama on the cover of her journal. It was a quicker project than Laureva's, it turns out. 
After dinner, Laureva's second tooth came out. The adult one had already been visible behind for awhile. 
She was worried about the hole left behind in her gums. I had to reassure her several times that it was perfectly normal.
Then we sat down to finish Laureva's third Chicken Squad book from Valentine's. They're about four chick siblings who try to solve mysteries. They're by Doreen Cronin whose Duck books Laureva likes. They're amusing and the girls have been enjoying them. They've even had me laughing at times. There's a fourth one I guess we need to order now...
The past few days, Laureva has taken to organizing bedtime drawing contests for her and Sylvain with me as the judge. Today, I had them draw a turtle, a bicycle and a pizza. Yesterday, it was a Christmas Tree, a peacock and a basket. The first time, it was something I can't remember and a well-behaved child. I always manage to make it a tie, though, which upsets her.
Michel Bouvet's service was this morning. I did not attend, however, because the funeral home in Aubagne could only allow twenty people inside due to current Covid restrictions.

0 comments: