Colin is the star student in his class this week. On Wednesday, he read an excerpt from the first Wings of Fire book to his class, and also presented five of his favorite things, which included a jaguar alebrije souvenir, his laser tag set, and his marble maze ball. I've forgotten what else.
Rachel took Nicole to her school today to pick up art supplies. I also saw her working on one of her last few drawing squares.
Lydia made a bed for Amie on top of her desk.
Eric did more bicycle practice, including some with me after dinner. Yes, dinner was early enough, and sunset late enough, for time outside afterwards. We worked on putting his foot down when he's stopped.
I had a game hour with my team at the end of the work day. We played a new (to us) game called Tokaido, whose theme is walking from Kyoto to Tokyo and enjoying the views and the hot springs, etc. In the evening, before Nicole's PTA meeting, the family finished our Hogwarts Battle with another victory. Due to a shuffling error, we never activated one of the new features of the third pack—dark arts potions.
During Nicole's meeting, I went downstairs to read, but Rachel, who was also reading, intended to watch a movie at the same time. That was somewhat distracting. I still made a little progress. I learned that Gerald Ford was born Leslie Lynch King, Jr.
During reading time, I first watched Eric read silently. He would pause now and then for help with a word he didn't know, like "concentrate" or "Naomi", but he could usually sound it out successfully. He got tired after a few pages, so I read the rest of the chapter, then he went upstairs to bed. Lydia was reading to Colin, so I joined Rachel and Nicole, who then asked me to read their book to them. I finished their chapter, as well.

2 comments:
Good work on the desk Roy! Holds together well enough to support computer and cat!! Aimee certainly looks comfy.
Oh, thanks for noticing! I contemplated calling attention to the desk in the post, since it deserved a photo in Sunday's post, but evidently it wasn't needed.
Nicole has been going through old posts for our family yearbook, and says I was including photos in my posts more frequently last May. I don't really know why that changed.
Post a Comment