Thursday, April 8, 2021

Lascours Lockdown, Day 390

Thursday, April 8th.

I woke up with a pinched nerve between my shoulder blades. Annoying.

After breakfast, the girls set up at the kitchen table to do their school work. I supervised while doing the exercise bike. However, due to frequent interruptions to help, or correct, or counsel . . ., it took me over two hours to complete 55 minutes of riding. At about 10:45, I finally sat down at my computer to start my own work. There were still frequent interruptions until the girls finished their assignments just in time for lunch next door. Laureva's final task of the morning was reciting her poem and sending the video to her teacher:

This afternoon, I graded papers and did yoga. The girls and Marie-Elisabeth joined the Reys/Lucas-Reys for a walk to the source of the Huveaune in Auriol.

I was in a Zoom research group meeting when they returned. When my meeting ended, I found them watching Top Chef. Laureva had had a headache since heading out on their outing, apparently. I gave her some Doliprane and she went straight to bed without dinner. Over dinner, Maëva talked about how pretty she found the Huveaune's source to be. 
For story time, I started reading "The Blue Carbuncle" to Maëva. It's the first story in the collection that is completely new to me. Maeva asked Google whether Holmes ever married and was surprised to learn as part of the response that he dies. We're a long way off from that sad event, however. She consoled herself by commenting that he couldn't be dying anytime soon as there were still a lot of stories left in the book.

2 comments:

Roy said...

If Sherlock Holmes hadn't died he'd be 167 by now, so it's probably for the best.

Tanya said...

Indeed.