Thursday, April 15th.
After breakfast, the girls wanted to cook. So instead of exercising, I supervised baking projects. Maëva made sweet dough to be used for Monkey Bread. The recipe was finally completed with the baking step in the early afternoon. Just as good as cinnamon rolls, but without the hassle of rolling out the dough. Laureva made brownies. However, after baking them, we realized that she'd forgotten to add the flour to the batter, so they're more of a fondant au chocolat than they are brownies. Tasty, but very rich.
I spent most of the day proofreading oral exam subjects and programming the course page for students to access their exam topics at their designated times.
This afternoon, for reading time, the girls each worked on their reading rallies. I set Laureva up with one laptop in our bedroom and Maëva with another at the dining table upstairs. That way I had the office free when it was time for yoga.
Maeva had a makeup piano lesson at 5pm. She was gone with Marie-Elisabeth for two hours. Meanwhile, Laureva and I played several rounds of Uno Flip and a game of Harry Potter Clue. After that, we went outside to volley a plastic ball back and forth with the badminton rackets. It was quite chilly, though. I finally convinced her to come back in after about fifteen minutes. Back inside, we sat in the green chair with Tiger and I read Laureva two Mr. Men stories. Mr. Strong and Mr. Tickle.
In other reading, we finished "The Noble Bachelor" today and started "The Beryl Coronet." Maeva asked to read the latter out loud to me for a change.
France has surpassed the grim milestone of 100,000 coronavirus deaths.
1 comments:
Looks like France is just a percent or two behind the COVID mortality rate of the US.
Post a Comment