Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Lascours Lockdown, Day 395

Tuesday, April 13th.

This morning, I got around to displaying and photographing our scrappy cards:

The girls played in their room to be out of the way of the cleaning lady. I sat down at my computer to work. At 10, Marie-Elisabeth took the girls to the park to ride bikes. I went to the organic market for a few groceries. 

Got this message from a student this morning: "Thank you very much for your understanding and I still show you my sincere excuse, this period is not easy but you have to keep hope, thank you very much for your understanding and your kindness, I was delighted to follow your course the program was very rewarding and very interesting documents. Thank you for your teaching. Despite this difficult period we are delighted to have teachers who support us and brings all their supports as well as a smooth operation of the remote study. Thank you."
This afternoon, the girls went for a hike with the Rey/Lucas-Rey cohort. I did various administrative tasks for work. When the girls got home at 5pm, we headed to the kitchen for dinner prep. Maëva made cheesy mashed potatoes. Laureva made chicken nuggets. Both recipes took awhile as Maeva is inexperienced at potato peeling and Laureva doesn't like to get her fingers dirty and breading chicken with utensils takes longer than with fingers. The food was ready just in time for them to eat dinner at 7.
For story time, we started "The Noble Bachelor." I should probably also note that for French story time, Sylvain has been reading the girls the Enola Holmes books. They're currently working on number three. I had taken Enola for a made-up name. However, I have a student named Enola this semester, so I guess it isn't, as she was born several years before the first volume was published in 2006. Maeva has taken a liking to detective fiction and has asked to put Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot mysteries on her birthday list.
The vaccination calendar has been moved up due to early delivery of 200,000 J&J vaccines. Second doses of Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are being moved back to 42 days after the first dose, from 28 days, in order to get first doses to people more quickly. France is currently at 10.81 million first doses administered, which is about 16% of the population.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I started the first Enola Holmes book a few weeks ago and then stopped, but I pulled it off my bookshelf the other day so I'll probably continue this week.

Galen Tromble said...

Enola is a familiar name to me. Enola Gay was the name given (by the pilot, after his mother) to the B29 bomber that dropped the first atomic bomb, so the name is forever attached to that horrible event. The Enola Gay is on display at the Smithsonian Udvar-Hazy Air and Space Museum here. Some of you have seen it.

Tanya said...

Oh, right. I'd forgotten about that one. Oops.