Sunday was sunny in Seattle, and warm while the sun was up, though the forecast is for higher temps later in the week. After the hangout, Nicole and I did some gardening. She watered while I trimmed some lilac sprouts, then I planted Colin's romanesco starts, and put the tomatillo vines in the ground as well to see if they'll grow new leaves.
We drove to Magnolia to visit the garden center there. Nicole was looking for several kinds of ornamental plants for our remaining flower pots. They had a couple. We may go back later in the week when some others are due in.
Back at home, we finally transplanted some sword ferns from the wasteland between our garage and the neighbor's. We asked him about them last year, or maybe earlier. There were eight plants in there, plus one completely dead. We put them on either side of the path along the side of the house. I hope they'll be happy there, and that the shock of moving doesn't interfere completely with their new leaves.
Finally, we rode bikes to Ken's to pick up more soil and a few groceries. Then, in the late afternoon we had another game night with the Horners in Ohio. Rachel played games with Grace while the adults played. We've scheduled another for next week, but this time after the two year old's bedtime.
After dinner we did another short family walk, then had root beer floats while we watched Men in Black II. I may find I'm wrong when I look at our movie list tomorrow, but right now I don't think I'd ever seen it before. Unlike the first, I have no memory of any of it. It was a typical sequel, not an improvement, but serviceable.
We didn't really have time after for family reading, but we did it anyway. The kids found an old scroll in the attic, and then got invited aboard a fancy yacht during dinner.
2 comments:
I currently imagine your yard overflowing with vegetation. I don't remember it being that big, and yet you keep putting in more and more plants!
Indeed. We have a lot of variety, given the size.
Post a Comment