Monday, April 26th.
Back to school for the girls. I walked them to school, then came home to do the exercise bike and get down to a day of grading translation exams. I think I'm about halfway through the first batch of 70 papers.
This afternoon, I picked the girls up from school and we drove to St Savournin to visit Loriane and Izia with a gift of some of the girls' old books for Izia and an assortment of organic fruit juices for Loriane who's beginning chemo on Friday. She'll be getting her second dose of Pfizer vaccine at the Stade Velodrome tomorrow. She said her mom (a retired nurse) could get Sylvain and me on a waiting list at a clinic in Marseille for extra doses of vaccine. Franck has already received his first dose of Pfizer that way. I sent her all our required info so we can get on the list. The girls all seemed to enjoy seeing each other. At one point, Izia repeated "la" several times and pointed insistently at Laureva. She was finally satisfied when Laureva got off my lap and went back to play with her.
We stayed about an hour and fifteen minutes and arrived home just in time for curfew. The girls ate dinner, then Laureva got out her homework and practiced writing her list of vocabulary words. She was excited to show me that she'd learned how to do long multiplication. She also had a page of butterflies to color, so she worked on that while I read more of "The Sign of the Four" to Maeva before bed.
My third economic impact payment check arrived in the mail today.
3 comments:
The Sign of the Four is one of the novellas, right? I don't remember the details of that one.
If I'm not mistaken, the first Holmes work is the novella "A Study in Scarlet." Then comes the second novella, "The Sign of the Four," in which Watson meets Miss Mary Morstan who will become Mrs. John Watson. Then the short stories pick up a few years later with "A Scandal in Bohemia." We're reading "The Sign of the Four" because our edition of "A Study in Scarlet" hasn't arrived yet and I much prefer to read on paper.
So happy to hear you can get on the waiting list! Hope it comes through soon.
Post a Comment