Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Lascours Lockdown, Day 410

Wednesday, April 28th. 

The girls did not have tennis this morning. Their instructor is keeping the original Spring Break schedule. It would probably have been canceled, anyway, as today was another gray, drizzly day. They prepared a birthday card for Guillaume while I did the exercise bike. Then they did the interactive Carmen Sandiego episode on Netflix while I graded papers. 
I managed to finish grading my 68 second-year translation papers this afternoon. There were two surprises along the way: extra unidentified papers stapled to the back of others due to a combination of student and printer errors. Got those done, too.
At about 4, I got out the sewing machine because I thought the girls would like to continue their potholders. They were distracted with other things, however, so I sat down to sew myself and patched up the holes on the back of my jean skirt. I was very proud of myself.
The girls both had Zoom drama class with Sophie today. Laureva at 1:30 and Maeva at 6. Maeva read during Laureva's session. Laureva sat in on Maeva's session and watched.
For story, we continued "The Sign of the Four." We've completed five of twelve chapters. Maeva remarked upon the fact that the nature of the mystery has evolved quite a bit already.

0 comments: