Tuesday, April 27th. Happy Birthday to Jackye!
When we got to school, Laureva's teacher was already standing there with the gate open. We were delayed by Laureva's finding a wasp's nest in EB's back right doorjamb as she was getting in, that had to be gotten rid of before we left. It was about the size of a golf ball. Luckily, the one wasp that was hanging on didn't put up a fight. I suppose this is proof of my not using the car much these days.
Following school drop off, I ran some errands and picked up groceries. After putting away the frozen and refrigerated items, I changed into workout pants and headed out for an hour's walk. It was a gray day, but I only got two drops of rain on my head towards the beginning of the outing. It was nice to stretch my legs and get some fresh air.
Workwise, I continued with translation grading today. Then one of my literature classes had an exam from 4:30 to 6:30, after which I joined a Zoom seminar by a colleague on immigration in the US. I hadn't realized that immigrants account for 15% of the population (51 million). I had also forgotten, or not known, that Germans made up the largest immigrant community until relatively recent decades, outnumbering Irish and Italian immigrants, for example.
We watched the final episode of West Wing tonight and the first of Your Honor with Bryan Cranston. Will it live up to Breaking Bad? He certainly managed to get himself into a lot of trouble very quickly . . .
0 comments:
Post a Comment