Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Lascours Lockdown, Day 423

Tuesday, May 11th.

It was raining intermittently for school drop off. Then I headed down to the bank to deposit my third economic impact payment. The teller cringed when he saw me as I'm the only one who ever deposits international checks and he has to relearn the process every time. This morning, he told me I was his worst nightmare. If that's true, his job must really not be that difficult. I picked up our weekly grocery order on the way home. I had just enough time to put groceries away and take a shower before a two-hour Zoom meeting started at 10.

After lunch, I finally got back to grading papers. I worked steadily all afternoon, but am still running behind schedule. One of the papers I graded today was an excessive eight pages. I'm finding that four is plenty.

The girls and Sylvain have a five-day weekend ahead of them as they don't have school on Wednesdays, Thursday is a holiday and Friday is off as well to make a long weekend. Maeva has lots of plans, including baking, sewing, room rearranging and watching Percy Jackson. I, however, will have to be grading as grades are due on Monday.

Jimmy is reportedly feeling a little better, however, Sophie sent us a message today that she has tested positive. We know she has had one dose of vaccine, but don't know whether she's had her second dose already. She must be feeling well enough to do drama classes tomorrow as she sent out the links this afternoon. 

Meanwhile, Covid transmission rates in France are down significantly. The seven-day moving average is as low as it's been since mid-January. PACA currently has an R of 0.72. The BDR has an Incidence Rate that is down to 214.1.

0 comments: