Saturday, March 19, 2022

Finally

I had to go renew my driver's license this morning. I decided to go ahead and get a RealID, for 8 years at a cost of $77.  When I was signing stuff I asked the date, then said tomorrow is my birthday so I guess I should know the date.  The girl helping me asked how old I am.  I said I'm 65 today and 66 tomorrow.  So my license was free!


Then I had to go to AT&T again.  Grrrr!  I finally figured out all the steps to get the TV to work. Then yesterday the light saying "replace" came on on the battery backup for the internet router, so nothing worked again. So I unplugged it and took it with me.  The kid helping had no idea what it was or what it did.  Luckily there was an older guy there that knew and was amazed that it had never been upgraded. So I still have no TV until the tech comes on Monday.  But I mentioned my not having to pay for my license and they waived the installation fee ($100).  Not bad for my birthday eve!

6 comments:

ket said...

Holy cow! It's birthday eve. I was not tracking....I should learn from you on using birthdays to my advantage.

ket said...

I'm hosting a POP for class this weekend, meaning, loosely, that people come over, we stream a class together, and I feed them snacks.

Rone' said...

I'm doing a painting at Pinot's Palette tomorrow afternoon with some friends from work and some from not work! Van Gogh's Blue Irises.

ket said...

It's 12:07 AM CDT. Happy Birthday, Rone!

Tanya said...

Pretty nice birthday perks. Good job! Happy birthday!!

Galen Tromble said...

We got Washington drivers licenses a couple of weeks ago. Sign on the door said RealID not available until May 2023.

So I guess our licenses are FakeID??