Saturday, March 5, 2022

Lascours Lockdown, Day 720

Saturday, March 5th. 


It was a typical Saturday morning. Things were shaken up a bit in the afternoon when the girls' conditioning session was cut short by rain. It didn't last long, but the court apparently gets slippery fast. 

After reading time, the girls and I went to Aubagne to check out a newish bookstore. Les Furtifs. I had a Christmas gift certificate from Marie-Elisabeth to use. I selected Burning Boy, Paul Auster's biography of Stephen Crane, for myself. The girls got Rowling's The Christmas Pig in English, and the last volume of their Kinra Girls series in French. Next, Maeva wanted to go to Claire's at Auchan to purchase a headband she'd been coveting since our Aix excursion. Unfortunately, the Claire's at Auchan was closed for renovation. Then, the people in front of us in line at the bakery bought the last lemon meringue tart which she had been planning on. Double disappointment! She was bummed. However, we then found a headband in the same style in another store, for cheaper, and in a more practical color. And I offered to stop at another bakery on the way home so she could get her desired treat. Sometimes things work out even better than originally planned.

Back home, the girls watched Top Chef with Sylvain and I talked to Evan for a bit about summer travel planning. He was getting ready for another trip.

0 comments: