Thursday, Nicole stayed home again. The piano work continued, but was interrupted in the middle of the day, and it remains unfinished.
At lunch time, Nicole and I drove to Green Lake to visit the library. They didn't have Colin's book. I was disappointed I hadn't reserved it, but then discovered there was a waiting list when I did, so maybe it wouldn't have worked anyway. I'm not sure why there are copies on shelves when five people have it on hold, but that's what the system says. We got Colin a couple alternative books in the meantime. We got lunch from a place nearby and sat outside to eat. It was chilly, but not unpleasant.
The big event this evening was the Dua Lipa concert for Rachel and her piano teacher. It was at Climate Pledge (formerly Key) Arena in Seattle Center, so Nicole drove them there so they wouldn't have to worry about parking, and has now gone to pick them up.
While we waited, Nicole took the kids to Menchie's for frozen yogurt. I didn't go because I had put a loaf of bread in the oven. When they returned, we two watched the finale of Mrs. Maisel. It felt like a short season. There was quite a lot going on.
Rachel arrived while I was investigating the word of the day. It sounds like she had a good time. She got a t-shirt.
The word is enquiller. It is not in my dictionary. Wiktionairre says it's familiar and gives several definitions, including introduire, entrer dans, and faire sans attendre.

1 comments:
Hmmm . . . the Larousse online gives this definition:
Familier. Enchaîner, accumuler : Le nouveau président a enquillé interview sur interview.
I wonder if it's a metaphor that comes from the idea of setting up bowling pins (quilles).
Post a Comment