Sunday, March 6, 2022

Sunday afternoon

Sunday was more nice weather, so when, after lunch, Nicole took Rachel to Goodwill, she dropped the rest of us off at Salmon Bay Playground in Ballard, where the kids played and I read Of Human Bondage.


Rachel met two classmates at Goodwill to gather costumes for their scene from Twelfth Night tomorrow. After, Nicole invited them to rehearse at our house. They came over shortly after we returned, and we fed them some pan de yuca that I made. The buns stayed in the oven a little too long because I didn't hear it beep, but still all got eaten.

After dinner we watched the Demon Slayer movie. I hadn't put two and two together until last night, but this is a movie I had read about a while ago because it broke box office records for anime in Japan. We had just enough time to fit it in before normal bedtime. It was very much a continuation of the TV series, with no departures from the animation style that I noticed, but it was still different, not being broken into episodes.

Rachel tried on her outfits after, and I helped her pre-tie the necktie she'll wear as Sir Andrew. She needs to be able to quickly change into Maria mid-scene. She also has P.E. and basketball practice tomorrow, so she'll be taking a lot to school.

Tonight's French word is escogriffe. It means a tall and gangly person and may usually appear with grande. My dictionary says its origins are in voleur slang. I suspect I've seen it before, but I couldn't say where.

0 comments: