Sunday, March 6th.
The girls played a round of Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit before breakfast. Then homework took up much of the rest of the morning due to several interruptions involving sulking and otherwise unpleasant behavior on the pupils' parts. I had just an hour left before lunch in which to do the exercise bike.
It was a gray, chilly day, with a few sprinkles in the early afternoon. I managed to snap a photo of Maeva wearing her new headband from yesterday:
I managed to get a bit of grading done. After reading time, I offered to play a game with Laureva after my garbage and recycling run. However, when I returned, I found the girls already deep into a game of Monopoly with Sylvain, so I went back to work. This time, Maeva lost to team Laureva and Sylvain. Laureva later took pity on me and asked me to play Uno. We played three short hands. She won two rounds to one.
At some point this weekend, Maeva asked whether she and her sister would be allowed to go to school maskless when the mask mandate expires next Monday. I said I hadn't decided yet. On the one hand, the present and future health risk to all of us is most likely minimal now that we're all vaccinated. On the other hand, I find it a bit odd to do away with mask mandates as long as isolation requirements are still in effect for positive cases. An end to mask mandates could result in an initial uptick in cases, couldn't it? Which means the risk of Sylvain and/or myself catching it and having to miss school goes up. The girls would be fine academically if they missed a week of school. However, with the university semester so short, it wouldn't be ideal for me to miss a week if such a thing could be easily prevented. Accordingly, I think I'll be keeping my mask on at the university through the end of the semester. Now I have a week left to assess the risk of the girls bringing Covid home and passing it along to me if they go maskless at school . . . Who wants to write me an algorithm?
0 comments:
Post a Comment