It didn't occur to me until yesterday that Monday would be Pi Day, and not wanting to break the important tradition of making pie, I used part of my lunch break in the very quiet house to mix up a crust. Nicole prepared the filling for apple pie while I was still working, throwing in a little pineapple to liven things up.
Before I even knew she had made the filling, I asked Eric what kind of pie he wanted, because I knew he wouldn't want apple. He asked for the same pumpkin pie as last time, namely the one with Chinese five spice. Lydia also asked for pumpkin after I said no to strawberry banana, so I pretty much had to. We still have some pumpkins from the fall. But making pumpkin pie from scratch took a little longer than I anticipated.
After a dinner of leftovers, the five apple pie eaters got their dessert first, but the four pumpkin pie eaters had to wait a bit for theirs. Meanwhile, Nicole was working through algebra problems for a substitute job at Hamilton tomorrow. I reviewed them with her after the kids were in bed. After just one day of DST, 10:45 (formerly 9:45) already seems really late. It probably doesn't help that I woke up at 4:45 this morning. I did get back to sleep, but it was broken, with several strange dreams.
I was going to replace the word of the day with some geometry to mark the occasion, but I ran out of time, so this series of pie/pi photos will have to do.
2 comments:
Love the pi pie! Looks like tasty pie.
Let's see - there are 6 people in the house but a total of 9 pie eaters. How many people ate both kinds of pie?
Post a Comment