Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Lascours Lockdown, Day 151

Wednesday, August 12th. IMM D24. Today would have been Mireille's 95th birthday. Happy Birthday thoughts to this spunky lady.
This morning, I had four errands to run: bank, post office, pharmacy and package pick-up. When I was leaving stop number three, the bank teller called to ask me to come back to sign another form. I don't think he'd ever done a foreign check deposit before and the learning curve was a bit steep. I was slightly annoyed until I got back to the bank and ran into my friend Leïla who I haven't seen in over a year. We chatted for about fifteen minutes and I was happy to have seen her, so things worked out just fine. While I was out, a Covid-19 PSA on the radio reminded people to stay vigilant, stating that 9 of 10 Covid-19 deaths are in patients over 65.
The girls did some more thank you notes, played quizzes on the Nest Hub, practiced piano and built a balsa wood flamingo that Maëva got for her birthday.

Peugeot called to tell me a full diagnostic test on the car would take two hours, cost 260€ and couldn't be scheduled until the 26th. This kind of expensive procedure is why I stopped taking the car there in the first place, but apparently this time we're stuck.
After lunch, I put on my new red dress, we loaded the car and Sylvain and I headed out for an overnight excursion to Châteauneuf-du-Rhône, about a two-hour drive north. This was originally a birthday excursion, pushed back to an anniversary trip, rescheduled again for summer.