The moon is bright tonight, but Monday morning was overcast. Still, no sign of any rain yet. The big rain barrel is just about empty. I haven't checked the smaller one.
Looking over the garden this morning, I found that one of the bean sprouts I had given up on due to early nibbling has come back. It doesn't have any large leaves yet, but the stem is eight inches tall or so. I picked all but one of the figs from the tree. They were starting to open up. We ate them at lunchtime. Delicious!
After lunch, Nicole was supposed to have a meeting, but it didn't happen. We decided to go over to Silverdale to pick up some end tables for the basement sectional. We drove around over the Tacoma Narrows bridge. After the pick-up, we headed to Scenic Beach State Park, on the Hood Canal side of the peninsula. We walked down to the beach and hung out there for a while.
There were other people around, but it wasn't crowded. We threw rocks and Lydia made a tide pool. I ate a few choice salal berries. Eric tried one, but didn't finish it.
Back at home it was pizza night. Rachel helped me with the toppings. Then we squeezed in Eric's reading lesson, and finished the night by starting Downton season six.
Looking back, it appears we spent the entire month of July in Seattle. The previous excursion was to pick up a similar order in Lynnwood on June 20. It's been a summer to remember.

3 comments:
Nice smiles!
I'm sure there are smiles in there...
We told them they didn't have to smile, for once, just look at the camera.
So they probably smiled.
Post a Comment