Thursday, August 13, 2020

Lascours Lockdown, Day 152

Thursday, August 13th. IMM D25.
This morning, we watched a bit of cable news over breakfast (something we never do). They were reporting that currently 3.7% of Covid-19 tests are positive. Apparently, this percentage was closer to 2% a week ago. However, in the Marseille area, it's 4.7% and in Paris, it's 6.2%. Yesterday, there were 2,500+ new cases bringing the total to 12,000 in the past week. Also, violent altercations related to the issue of mask wearing are on the rise. In other news, France is also all a buzz with Biden's VP pick.
After nineteen relaxing hours of jacuzzi and sauna, we said goodbye to 13th century Châteauneuf-du-Rhône and hit the road shortly before 11am.

Traffic wasn't bad and we made it home about 12:30.
This afternoon saw yoga, pool, reading, piano lesson (rescheduled from a failed attempt yesterday) and coloring with Laureva. I revived my old bubble letters skills and did pretty crayon drawings of their first names for each of the girls. Laureva followed my lead and did "Mommy" and "Papa" drawings. After dinner, Maeva gave me a painting she'd done at Marie-Elisabeth's house: a Ravenclaw snowman in Alaska!
This evening, Sylvain and I caught up on the July 31st episode of Real Time with Bill Maher.

4 comments:

Roy said...

When was the old castle from?

Tanya said...

13th century

Roy said...

I thought the new castle was 13th century?

Tanya said...

Oh, I finally got it. Ha ha! Sorry for being slow.