Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Sequestered in Seattle, Day 146

Happy wedding day to Evan and Julie! We tuned in at the appointed time by casting to the basement TV, only to be disappointed. But I saw on Facebook that the video would be available, so we came back a couple hours later for a proper viewing. I'm afraid we didn't dress up or pour ourselves any cocktails, though. We enjoyed the show!


The rest of the day was mostly uneventful. Rachel and I tried to go play basketball in the late afternoon, but all the courts were occupied, both down the hill where we went last time, and at Coe. We took the bike, so it wasn't much trouble to try both places. I imagine the whole excursion wasn't much more than ten minutes.

Nicole had some PTA meetings this afternoon. They're trying to get the overdue budget sorted out. It ought to have been set by the previous leadership, but they were thwarted by the uncertainty. Lydia and Eric enjoyed racking up extra lives in Mario Bros. only to spend them all in World 8.

It was primary election day in Washington State. We dropped off our mail-in ballots at the collection box down at SPU on our way out of town yesterday. Our polling place when we lived in Pittsburgh may have been even closer, at the middle school just over the hill, but I nonetheless find voting by mail far more convenient, and in these times I am especially grateful that voting doesn't involve any risk. I wish the same for everyone. 

Tomorrow we're supposed to decide what to do for Eric's last year of preschool, and we have some books to pick up. Rachel will have the second Fantastic Beasts screenplay and the Cursed Child stage play. I think she's hoping to read more with Maëva.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Maëva is looking forward to it!

Galen Tromble said...

Second to enjoying the Julie and Evan show! "Uptown, Funk You Up!"
Congratulations! And have a safe trip back from Sin City.

ket said...

Thirding for wedding joy! Everyone looked happy and gorgeous. Enjoyed the poetic ceremony and dancing to the fountain show's funky music.