Saturday, September 5, 2020

Lascours Lockdown, Day 175

Saturday, September 5th. Grade day 5! New EV day!!
After breakfast, I headed down to the bank to get the new car insured. It didn't take too long, so I stopped at the grocery store around the corner for another bag of grapes (don't want to run out on a Sunday when everything's closed). I went back home to pick up Sylvain and we headed to Renault Aubagne for the big event. After a few minutes of final paperwork and a few more of explanations on how the car works, I was off at the helm of my new vehicle! Back home, I got out the cable and plugged in the car as suggested to make sure everything was in order for charging. It worked. The girls had been making lavender sachets and "perfume" with Marie-Elisabeth. I put my sachet directly in the new car.

On the way home, Sylvain stopped at the Roquevaire tennis club to see about possibilities for the girls. Turns out they have a schedule that will work better for us than the place they went Wednesday. Plus, it's a smaller club with 8 kids max per group and it's closer. The tennis lessons will be Wednesday mornings starting on the 16th.
Maëva got her first ride in the new car this afternoon when I drove her down the hill a bit to her classmate Agathe's birthday party. Just a handful of girls from her class were in attendance.
After reading time, Laureva and I played Harry Potter Clue, then she went swimming with Sylvain. Laureva then came with me to pick up Maëva so she could have her first ride in the car. She seems to particularly like the fact that the windows in the back go all the way down (they didn't in the old car).
I made pizza for dinner while the girls played Switch. Then mixed up some sourdough while they were eating.
Just under 9,000 new cases reported yesterday. According to France Info, a million tests have been administered this week. The Prefecture has extended the mask mandate to basically all public spaces from 6am to 2am no matter the city size starting tomorrow. However, they're now allowing bars, restaurants and convenience stores to remain open until 12:30am (for the past couple of weeks it's been 11pm).

3 comments:

Roy said...

Congrats on the new car. I like the color.

ket said...

Congrats on the new car! It has quite an expression. Love the color.

Rone' said...

You could get a job as a car model!