Sunday, September 27th.
Since Friday, it's gotten rather chilly. It was only 44F when I got up this morning. I had to turn on the heat in our bedroom last night and put the comforter back on the bed. I also dug out some extra blankets for the girls' beds.
Today, I baked cookies and sweet potato bread and mixed up a batch of sourdough for seed bread. Unfortunately, I won't be able to bake it until tomorrow evening since I have to go in to the university after all. Turns out they're not yet set up to handle the less than 1% of students who don't have Internet or computers, so I have to go in and deal with the problematic university network and do a Zoom class with a mask on because one student in each of my first two classes will be in the classroom with me. However, they're supposed to have everything in order some time tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be staying home after that.
We finished reading Alice in Wonderland this evening. The girls watched the Disney animated movie this afternoon. Maeva was surprised to see it dated to 1951. Laureva seemed disappointed that it ends with Alice waking up. She apparently thought it would be better if Wonderland were real. Before that, Laureva and I went on a "leaf hunt" walk. She said her teacher had asked them to gather leaves for a school project though there was no word from the teacher about it. We filled up a small brown paper bag with leaves of all shapes, colors and sizes.
My throat and ears have been aching today. Guess it's time to break out a new box of allergy pills. The old one ran out about a week ago, but I wanted to make sure I actually needed them before taking more. Guess I do.
Seven-day moving average now over 12,000. Marie-Elisabeth heard today that Marseille restaurants have decided to defy the closure order. Local officials have said they will not enforce it, so any enforcement measures will be left to the gendarmes, the national police force. The issue of coronavirus response has been becoming increasingly politicized in France for the past month. Things are definitely going in the wrong direction.
1 comments:
Oklahoma hit a milestone of 1,000 deaths sometime over the past few days - either Friday or Saturday.
Post a Comment