Saturday, September 19th.
Word of the day: plangency.
Marie-Elisabeth took the girls to piano this morning. However, given that we know there's been Covid in their school, I had them wear their masks so as to ensure maximum protection for the elderly teacher.
I spent most of the day in the kitchen and a little time doing some PTA paperwork in preparation for tomorrow morning's handoff. No time during the week now for cooking, so I figured I'll have to spend weekends doing food prep. Today I: made pizzas, made quiche, baked fennel, started kidney beans soaking, prepped and cooked fajita veggies, made tortillas (with the girls helping me out using the new cast iron tortilla press!), washed lettuce, made fruit salad, made a mixed veggie salad, cut up carrot sticks, cooked rice and sausage for the girls' dinner, and mixed up a batch of sourdough. I think that's it.
Before dinner, while Maeva was starting Book 3 of her Land of Stories series recommended by Rachel and Sylvain went running, Laureva and I sat down for about an hour and worked on making some birthday cards. It was fun to coordinate on an art project together.
After the girls went to bed, Sylvain and I watched Joker.
With 13,000 new cases yesterday, the seven-day moving average in France is now over 9,000. Another family we know in Lascours, the Morenos, is now quarantined because their daughter-in-law is a nurse's aid and either has Covid or has had direct contact with a patient. Her daughter is in fifth grade at the girls school.
Sylvain and the girls went swimming this afternoon. The water was 29 degrees as Sylvain's been putting the bubble tarp on it again. However, this might have been the last day for swimming. As I type this, I can here storms rolling in. It's supposed to be stormy for the next seven days straight.
3 comments:
That's a good word!
Book 3! Wow!
She's racing through them . . . I think she's on five now.
Post a Comment