Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Lascours Lockdown, Day 186

Wednesday, September 16th.
The girls had a successful first tennis lesson this morning. Maeva was excited to report that they got to practice serving.
This afternoon, the City sent out a message that Covid-19 tests have come back negative (for whom, it's unclear) so the elementary school in Roquevaire will reopen tomorrow. However, now in Lascours the Kindergarden teacher at the Maternelle is now off awaiting the results of Covid testing as she has been around someone who tested positive. Country-wide, currently 80 full school closures and 2,000 partial ones. They affect less than 1% of students so the government considers it to be a successful back to school. 
The Internet connection at the university was working much better this afternoon in my first class. The sound transmitted fine. The connection cut off in the middle of class, but I was able to get it right back again so minimal time was lost. In my second class, things went even better with the connection staying the whole hour. But in my third class: total failure. No Zoom sound and HDMI cable not working, so no projector. If I wrote on the computer, only those at home could see. If I wrote on the board, it was only for those in the classroom. I abandoned the Zoom and taught the old-fashioned way standing and using the board which I much prefer. 

After class, a former student dropped by with her baby. I wanted to give her some old books of the girls. It was fun to see them. The two-month-old smiled and cooed a lot. The mom brought me a peace lily because she thinks I'm so wonderful, so the day ended on a nice note. 

3 comments:

ket said...

Such a cool way to end the day. We also know you're wonderful!

Tanya said...

Thanks, K!

Meredith Tromble said...

That sounds like world-class teaching!