Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Sequestered in Seattle, Day 182

Twenty-six weeks, it has been. I guess since it's a leap year, tomorrow will make half a year for us. It remained smoky in Seattle on Wednesday, but seemingly less so, though I understand the fires continue. I watered the yard, and found one fava bean, presumably dug up and not ejected. I put it back in. Otherwise, the only time outside was to pick up books. Rachel finished another set of old books recently, so she was entitled to a new order, which we placed Monday evening. One of the three was already on their shelves, but the other two were delivered quickly enough that they were available this morning. The juggling book I ordered for myself has not come in yet, though.

There seemed to be fewer technology problems today, but not none. Eric seemed more willing to participate in his classes, too, and hunted me down between them for his reading lesson. Later I heard him practicing Spanish vocabulary with Rachel.

I played some Mario, Kart and Bros., with the boys after work. After dinner, I got to read. I'm most of the way through Doomsday Book, from the library, on my Kindle. Nicole was preparing for the general PTA meeting tomorrow, but eventually stepped away so we could read Hatchet. Colin fell asleep during the first chapter, Eric not until the third. Lydia left to read her own book.

0 comments: