Sunday, May 26, 2013

Great Allegheny Passage

Rachel and I went for a bike ride today on the Great Allegheny Passage, a path that runs all the way from Pittsburgh to DC.

We ended up riding over 11 miles, in about two and a half hours.  We stopped many times: to watch the roller coasters at Kennywood, to eat a snack on the bridge over the railroad tracks, and to look at a stopped train, among others.

At one point, I asked Rachel if she wanted to head back, and she said, no, she wanted to keep going to Grandpa's house.

6 comments:

ET said...

That's silly, Rachel.

Tanya said...

One of these days!

Galen Tromble said...

Looks like a great day for a ride.

Meredith Tromble said...

One of Anwyl's biking buddies is working up to an event where they ride, I think, 300 miles...so maybe it i not so farfetched! Although probably a ways in the future for Ms. Rachel...her legs being a little shorter, maybe it would be twice as far for her...

ET said...

It will be a long way, especially if the Pittsburghers move west.

Roy said...

Here's a map of our ride.