We checked out of the hotel and set off to explore a little before 10 AM. A little after noon, after walking all the way down to the Delaware River (among other places), we settled on Campo's for lunch. Jenn had The Works (no mushrooms), and I had one with marinara (cheesesteaks, that is, but neither had much cheese).
Lunch was good ... expensive, but good. Also, the place only took cash, which wasn't adequately delineated? Does that word work? We didn't see a sign stating "Cash Only."
We felt obligated to try a cheesesteak here, but there wasn't anything earth-shattering about the event. It was just lunch. I'd go back, but I can make a decent substitute at home, too ... or hit up Texadelphia in Norman.
3 comments:
I love that smile!!!
I was underwhelmed with my first (and only) genuine Philly cheesesteak sandwich.
I once ordered one at Cafe Hon in Baltimore, too, and was borderline offended when it was served with American cheese. "Is this real?", I thought.
I was told by a semi-local that the "wiz" is the authentic cheese. It isn't like cheese wiz ... my understanding is that it is like a whiter version of the nacho cheese you'd put on a frito pie. Mmmm! Yummy.
Post a Comment