Sunday evening, I was feeling a little out of sorts (tired, sick, travel weary). I set out on foot to find food around the hotel (Hampton Inn Center City). I found that many places were closed, other places didn't look appetizing, etc. So, I settled on Jake's, which is on the corner of Race Street and Broad Street (the NE corner, for those who are really interested).
They have American food. I got a couple slices of pizza. The pizza was good. It was thick crust ... it wasn't soft or soggy, it was firm, solid, not too heavy. It was different, but good. They had a variety of different pizza styles ... thin crust, thick crust, who knows what else.
I didn't really look at the menu. They also have a grill, so I assume they do cheesesteaks and burgers and the like.
I watched the end of the GSW v. SAS game at Jake's. GS won in OT. That occurrence bring Jake's up a notch on my list.
Monday, May 13, 2013
Jake's (Philadelphia)
Posted by
ET
at
3:47 PM
Labels: Philadelphia, restaurant review
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Is Jake's a sports bar?
Not really ... there were a couple little TV's ... they had beer, but definitely no bar ... it was more just a hole in the wall eatery.
Post a Comment