Wednesday, May 1, 2013

March and April statistics

Instead of writing a March statistics post last month, I spent what time I had available expanding and improving my little suite of python scripts for computing said statistics. That makes it a lot easier to write this post. But I'll fill in the March details, too.


March saw 72 posts, which is a far cry from 126, but still tied for 6th best ever. 191 comments is the 5th most ever. It was 8th in total words, with 15,044, 7th in post words, with 10,189, and 8th in comment words, with 4,855. We posted 44 images, which ranks it 12th.

Sadly, Blogger won't show me the March post with the most page views, because it wasn't popular enough to make the all-time list, and the only other view I have is the last month.

According to my statistics, the March post with the most comments was Birthday Celebration, with 9, followed by Fun With Stairs, with 8.


April saw 47 posts, just 11th best ever, and 122 comments, tied for 13th. 5,889 post words (33rd) and 2,289 comment words (47th) combine for 8,178 total words (32nd). We posted 40 images (T-19th).

According to Blogger, the April posts with the most page views were I didn't know they could do that.... and The CIA, abstract expressionism, and Tom Braden, each with 11.

According to my statistics, the April posts with the most comments were Coming to you live...from Toronto and again I didn't know they could do that...., each with 8.


Don't let the steady decline in content get you down. We're still way ahead of any other year: September 26 is the earliest we've reached 335 posts in the past. That's 149 days from yesterday.

Previous installment: February statistics

3 comments:

ET said...

Hmmm ... down month.

Tanya said...

What?! You can't tell us the post with the most views from March?! Bummer. And I've been trying to develop strategies to get my posts viewed more . . . How will I know if they're working?

mt San Francisco said...

I think we've done pretty well for almost the height of the academic year, given the number of us who live with school seasons. In April, when there are also taxes, I usually feel like I'm doing pretty good just to be brushing my teeth and getting the cats fed, in addition to whatever is going on at school.