Friday, July 3rd. Reopening Day 54. Last day of school. Sunny, but gusty, today. Slightly chilly in the morning.
This morning, I delivered the little olive trees to the lunch ladies as well as my bags of cookies for Maëva's teacher, the six teachers and aides at Laureva's school, and my PTA treasurer. I figured I couldn't close out my time at the Maternelle without one last cookie delivery.
Sylvain picked up his grocery order for the couscous meal he's making Sunday. This is the one rescheduled from March 29th. Sylvain seems to be a little better today. His symptoms have evolved into a dry cough. Still no fever. This is a pretty typical cold cycle for him. He's never sick very long. He'll probably be fine by tomorrow.
I only got one exam graded this morning. It took me a whole hour. Finished the third and final one after lunch.
Sylvain made his bahklava for Sunday this afternoon. It's supposedly better if it sits for two days before serving.
Maëva won a paddles and ball set at school. Laureva got to choose a piece of candy upon leaving the classroom. Laureva reported beating her classmate Mathias at chess, one of the bag of games she had brought for the last day. Both girls seemed quite happy with their last day. When we got home, they asked to see their school supply lists for next fall and chattered away about them for quite some time. After snack, they headed downstairs. I thought they were putting on their swimsuits. That may have been their original intention, however, they got side-tracked playing Lego and never made it to the pool today. No biggie, they have two months of pool time ahead of them . . .
Friday, July 3, 2020
Lascours Lockdown, Day 111
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment