Friday, July 31, 2020

Sun!

We also had temps over 80 today. Added a Sandy beach walk to my morning before it got too hot. Had a nice, slow, meditative ramble. Lots of squirrels. Fish are jumping!


A nice 3-day break in the rain is forecast to end tomorrow with rain ahead as far as the forecast goes. After last weekend's downpour, Tom re-checked the the attic crawl space. The two leaky spots that were fixed were nice and dry but he found another damp spot. May be a new roof adventure in my future.

I finished the rest of a 'halibut a la greco' dish. My first fish try in several years. Better quality feta would have been tastier. Next up is a coconut-lime chicken rice soup. I'm gradually getting the hang of having a kitchen again. 

I found I was naturally gravitating to a delayed first meal with a cluster of eating in the afternoon and am trying out a more intentional intermittent fasting schedule. I'm doing 16/8, which has been quite easy so far.





10 comments:

Roy said...

Does 16/8 mean your eating is confined to an eight-hour period each day?

ket said...

Yes -- that's exactly it.

ET said...

Heat wave.

ET said...

It was 99 here today. I ran 6+ miles at 3 p.m. It wasn't a big deal.

ket said...

I love how Evan's no big deal = my I would die.

Tanya said...

Is that prudent?

ET said...

I don't see why not.

Tanya said...

Heat stroke?

Galen Tromble said...

Is the cotton high?

ET said...

Ehhh ... it wasn't 115.