Thursday, July 9, 2020

Sequestered in Seattle, Day 120

Thursday we finished a few things. First, Nicole and Rachel finished their book, Kingdom of Copper. Then, we finished pruning the tree and returned the ladder. Finally, Colin and I finished his Secret Zoo book.


While I was in my office this afternoon, I heard Rachel say something to Lydia, and then saw Lydia had brought her mattress downstairs. She had washed her bedding, and wanted Nicole's help putting her sheets on. That's one way to do it.

Eric and I played tennis in the alley after work, and then badminton after dinner and pruning. It was chilly and windy today, so the badminton was challenging at times. We managed a few rallies of five hits or more.

I got in a tiny bit of juggling practice today, after two days off. I hit twenty throws a couple times. I've been sort of stuck there for a while. But the time off at least didn't seem to hurt.

I already wrote about the school reopening opinion I read this morning, on Tanya's post. I think I realized what was bothering me most about it. I think if we can organize enough to get testing and contact tracing in place for school reopening, we can also do so more broadly, and curtail the spread of the virus. But I don't see that happening, so I don't expect it will be responsible to advocate full school reopening, either.

1 comments:

Tanya said...

It seems unlikely that such a broad testing program could be put in place so quickly given the reports I've been hearing/reading about the shortage of testing materials.