Tuesday, July 28th. IMM D9.
The girls left at 8 to go to the beach. Alain and Jackye were supposed to meet them there, but they forgot. It was a bit overcast this morning and the girls said the water was colder than it has been.
While the cleaning lady worked, I ran some errands. I tried to find an insect repellent the cleaning lady suggested for the ants in the girls' room. I couldn't find it, though, so chose another one at the hardware store where I also bought a new mailbox. At 9am on a summer Tuesday, there weren't many other shoppers out. However, everyone had masks and there was hand sanitizer readily available at the entrances to all businesses. Unfortunately, when I got back home, I discovered the new mailbox is too big. Subsequent online searches turned up no mailboxes small enough to fit in the old spot. A plan B was necessary. For the rest of the morning, I continued reading The Book Collector. Our edition of Andersen's complete fairy tales arrived today so now I'll have to get down to reading "The Red Shoes," "The Little Mermaid," "The Wild Swans" and the one about the soldier, among others. The girls have expressed an interest, so we'll read at least some aloud.
Tuesday, July 28, 2020
Lascours Lockdown, Day 136
Afternoon activities included Switch, pool, reading, chores, baking quiche and eggplant parmesan.
When the girls sat down to dinner, Marie-Elisabeth and I went down to install the new mailbox by gluing it to the top of the column with hers. We'll ask the handyman to fill in the hole in the wall when he can. When I got back, Sylvain went running. For bedtime story, we started "Thumbelina."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment