Thursday, July 30th. IMM D11.
Girls at the beach again this morning. I did my spinning, then Fred came over for coffee from 9 to almost 10:30. She left with my Tupperware rice cookers (Yeah! I don't use them now that I have the Auto Cook.) and a little jade plant that had started growing up in the pot with one of the big ones outside. The process of looking for the instructions for the rice cookers encouraged me to finally tackle sorting through the stack of unused recipes that have been collecting in the drawer under the microwave and many made their way to the recycle bin.
I finished reading the introduction to my Gilman collection today and started the introduction to my edition of The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. It's poorly translated (from German, perhaps?) into English, but not so badly that I can't get the gist. Lots of syntactically challenging sentences along these lines: "So as to ensure themselves and each other against the demolition of decency, Enfield, Lanyon, Utterson and Jekyll attempted to stow away or keep mystery any snippet of data that may deface a notoriety."
For others, more swimming, Switch and thank you notes. For me, chocolate zucchini cake for Ardèche and putting our names on the new mailbox.
Thursday, July 30, 2020
Lascours Lockdown, Day 138
From Andersen, we read "The Princess and the Pea" (short, less than two pages) and "Litte Ida's Flowers."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is indeed a strange case of The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
I'm running out of little caches that I can purge - it is one of my favorite activities, so a little envious you were able to clean out a kitchen drawer.
Can someone find that sentence in the original?
Ha ha! Wish you could come visit, Nicole! I could find little presents like that for you all around the house!!!
Dad, I haven't found any problems with the reprint of the original text. It's just all the extra analysis - this issue is presented as a study guide, it seems - that's in funky English.
Post a Comment