Friday, April 1st was Carnaval at the girls' school. The theme for this year was "red." The girls got dressed up at lunch time. I did their hair and they each did their own makeup.
At school in the afternoon, they had a party including snacks provided by parents, a confetti battle and a flash mob dance they had been learning for several days. Here's my contribution to the snacks:
After school, our neighbor Jeff came with his donkey and cart to transport Caramantran down to the stadium. It was a blustery day, so we couldn't burn it as per tradition. Instead, the kids destroyed him with kicking, I think. It was sunny, but quite cold with frequent strong gusts of cold wind that would whistle and roar, and whip the dust around. My cupcake box got blown over at one point. Luckily, there were only a half dozen left then, so not too many were wasted. I was happy to have my red knit winter hat to keep my head warm. The girls ran around and lasted for about an hour before asking to go home. Sylvain came to pick them up about five-thirty. I stuck it out until the end to help clean up and headed back home about 6.
Lemon cupcakes with red sprinkles for Maëva's class (her teacher later told me they were delicious). Choc-oat-chip cookies for Laureva's class (I also received compliments from her teacher and Laureva told me they had been a hit with her classmates). Devil's Food cupcakes for the PTA stand down at the stadium after school.

1 comments:
Wind is something we had in common today. On the way back, we stopped off at the Ft Stevens beach west of Astoria Oregon. The wind was howling, blowing up the beach from the south, and carrying streams of sand with it. Cold too. We didn't stay long.
Post a Comment