Friday morning, Nicole had a guest post at Hamilton, so she took the girls to school. I greeted the cleaning service when they arrived a short time later.
At lunch time, I was preparing myself a sandwich when I saw some crows outside. One was trying to take one of the mason bee tubes out of the container Nicole put them in. I opened the door and it backed away. I couldn't tell whether it thought it was food or just something to have.
In the afternoon, Eric had a birthday party to attend. Nicole came home and immediately left with him again, but they were still late to the party, which began at 4:30 up in Lynnwood. They took one of Eric's friends along and Nicole related a conversation the two of them had after seeing someone with a cardboard sign. They thought he might be homeless, and discussed what that meant, and then talked about donation, but didn't know what the charity was called.
Meanwhile, Rachel stayed in Wallingford after school to hang out with a couple friends, and then rode the city bus home. She arrived with a headache, a stomach ache, and a full bladder, having walked up the hill, but it sounded like she still had a good time.
We ultimately decided to order dinner from Malena's, by which time it was almost eight o'clock. It had started raining by then, but Nicole and I walked anyway. After dinner, we finished the season of Demon Slayer. Another season has been promised, but it will be a while. What's next for us? I don't know.
0 comments:
Post a Comment