Thursday, the kids were to walk to Spanish, as Nicole would be teaching and I would be working. They were supposed to stop by Brian's house on the way. They didn't make it there, though. Eric was hungry and didn't cooperate. Nicole found them after her friend saw them and called her. It's only four blocks from school to their first stop. They made it about halfway. I imagine it was frustrating for all of them. I emphasized to Eric that it's important to stick to the plan.
Nicole had a massage this afternoon, so I left work a little early to pick up the car and then the kids. I wondered how their backpacks ended up with Nicole, then they filled me in. Lydia and Eric walked with Brian back to his house, as a make-up, and I took them home from there. Eric rode his bike in the alley for a while.
When Nicole arrived home we ordered dinner from Red Mill, including milkshakes for the kids. After dinner I watched John Oliver with Nicole, then played Minecraft with Lydia. It was very different from yesterday. We ended up down in the "deep dark", which was new to me. I managed to escape to safety.
The school district sent a proposal for a bell time change for next year, from two tiers to three, the first starting at 7:30, to allow fewer drivers to cover more bus routes. We're not sure if high schools have buses, and if not, it's not at all clear which schools would use which start times. But running buses would be nice.
The president arrived in Seattle today, ahead of an Earth Day event tomorrow. We were unaffected, as far as I could tell.
Tonight's adjective of the day is bigarré(e), meaning multicolored or variegated.
1 comments:
So, he flew across the nation on a private jet with an entourage for earth day?
That seems like a great plan. Couldn't be have done a teams meeting?
Post a Comment