Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Texas Water 5K

I'm down in San Antonio for Texas Water. This morning was the 5K, so I got up early and headed out for 6:30 check-in.


I started in the front (with a lady who ended up being super fast), and only got passed by a couple people (pretty early - before the 1st mile). I ended up running a 6:29/mi pace, which is decent given my current conditioning level. I finished 4th overall.

The course was a little up and down, especially considering it was along the Riverwalk. There weren't any big hills, but there were some inclines and declines. The biggest issue was the swarms of gnats. One of the females on our team had a bunch on her forehead after the run. I couldn't help but look, and she said "stop looking at my gnats", which was pretty funny. Not something you hear every day.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Very respectable showing. Way to promote the Tromble name!

ET said...

Thanks. I thought it was pretty good.

Galen Tromble said...

I second that's a really good 5K pace for someone whose main thing isn't running.