Monday, April 4, 2022

Lascours C19 Life, Day 750

Monday, April 4th.

Last night just after the girls went to bed, I received a text message from Jenny that Olivier had tested positive for Covid on Saturday and that she had woken up with a scratchy throat and had finally tested positive yesterday evening. She tested negative Thursday evening before we met up, then again on Friday and at the pharmacy on Saturday afternoon. However, she said that I was still considered a contact case and that it was recommended that I test three days after contact, which was yesterday. I did a test. It was negative. I also tested this morning before heading to the university, just in case. Also negative. If I'm lucky, Thursday will be before she became contagious.

At work, I talked to a colleague who recently recovered from her first bout with Covid. It took her several weeks to feel like herself again. I say first because the topic of reinfection was raised. Anecdotal evidence suggests that's become less rare with Omicron. 

2 comments:

Tanya said...

I tested negative again this morning, Tuesday.

Nicole Tromble said...

Good to hear! I'm in a similar boat, tested negative on Sunday and will do another test today. We will probably stick to our old habit of not going to indoor places with other people after this experience. Cases are increasing. The weather is improving, so outdoor stuff is easy enough to do.