Tuesday was my return to office day. My organization has chosen Tuesday through Thursday as required office days. I'm still undecided on where to work on Mondays and Fridays. There will probably be some of both.
I left home after everyone else, having taken the boys to school on the bike because they were running late. Nicole was planning to be back in time to drive them to Spanish, so she told them to walk home. Lydia had a house key in case they arrived first. I don't know what Nicole was going to do if she arrived first. She had accidentally given her key to the piano technician on Sunday.
The office was busy, for the first time, but not crowded. There weren't any lines at lunch, and there was plenty of empty seating outside. It was sunny but not very warm. The forecast for the next two days is warmer. Mask wearing seems to be about fifty fifty. The group I had lunch with seemed happy to eat outside, even though the indoor seating wasn't full.
I walked to the used bookstore after work before heading home. I didn't find any of the things I was looking for, but came upon one that I thought Rachel would like. Colin got the fourth Percy Jackson book from the library today, once at school and once after Spanish. He's planning to return the school's copy.
When I arrived home, three kids were already at Coe and Colin was getting ready to join them. I went with him. We played basketball until I got a text that dinner was ready. Nicole made two kinds of meatballs from scratch. By the time dinner was through it was after seven o'clock.
I skipped French reading today because I was trying to finish a long chapter of Station Eleven. I gave up on that so I could turn off the boys' light.
0 comments:
Post a Comment