Thursday, August 5, 2021

Lascours Lockdown, Day 509

Thursday, August 5th. 

This morning, I put a quiche in the oven, then got on the exercise bike. My workout was cut short after only eight minutes by what I thought would be a quick phone call from Guillaume, but was not. Meanwhile, the girls spent all morning playing school with Maeva as the teacher and Laureva a student.
At 10, I went down to Marie-Elisabeth's frind Marie-Paule's house in Roquevaire to help her with some computer questions. It didn't take as long as I'd feared, so I had time to go to the organic market before heading home for lunch. 
Marie-Paule's daughter and son-in-law are pharmacists in Corsica. She said they are exhausted from working long hours doing extra Covid tests and vaccinating lots of tourists. Covid cases are currently high again in Corsica and the hospital in Bastia is having to transfer patients once again to private clinics.
In other Covid news, President Macron has announced that Covid booster shots will be offered to elderly and at-risk patients starting in September.
This afternoon, the girls went for a walk in the Grand Vallon with Marie-Elisabeth, Martine and Lilou. I did yoga. The end of the session was interrupted by Sylvain swearing loudly at the TV in the final minutes of the France-Slovenia basketball game. Unfortunately, I had not thought it would be necessary to mute my Zoom session. Oops. After yoga, Sylvain and I headed out to look for a new TV cabinet and run a few errands. No luck on the furniture front. Everything is either too short, not the right color, or missing holes to run cables through. Back home, we found one online that we may order. Unfortunately, delivery takes five to eight weeks. 
Before dinner, I made a batch of Heath toffee bit cookies. I halved the sugar in the recipe on the package and added a half cup of oats. They seem to be a big hit. Sylvain has already eaten three!
For story time, we continued Katie Kazoo and "A Study in Scarlet." The two ACD story lines have finally met up again. It turns out the first takes place twenty years after the second ends.

1 comments:

Galen Tromble said...

As long as the people doing the yoga aren't swearing, it's OK.