Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Lascours Lockdown, Day 535

Tuesday, August 31st.

The girls and I left for a walk when the cleaning lady arrived. We strolled around for about forty minutes before arriving at the hair salon for our 9am appointments. The girls each got a trim and then their hair styled in curled pigtails. We had already ordered a curling iron online so they can reproduce the hair style for the first day of school.

The hairdresser told us her story of catching Covid. She is not yet vaccinated. She caught it from her teenage daughter who caught it by sharing lipstick with a friend who turned out to be infected. Covid convalescence ate up her entire vacation. 

Afterwards, I ran a few errands and picked up our groceries. The radio was reporting that the EU has largely surpassed the US in terms of vaccination. France will soon hit 70% full vaccination. However, I don't know if that is percentage of the whole population, or percentage of ages 12 and up.

Meanwhile, Max went running. He did a 4.5k loop I showed him in the car yesterday.  

This afternoon, I had a medical appointment with the gynecologist at the hospital. I hadn't been since before the pandemic. My health pass was checked at the entrance. Inside, administrative agents were behind plexiglass without masks. Everyone else was masked. 

Back home, Max went swimming with the girls again. They did races. Sylvain went for his own run. 

We had dinner at Marie-Elisabeth's. Max mentioned afterwards that he felt his French had improved over the course of the hour meal. 

Before bed, we were discussing TV shows. We decided to watch three episodes of a French series called Family Business that Sylvain recently enjoyed about a family with a butcher shop that gets into the marijuana business. 

2 comments:

Galen Tromble said...

Common illusion that as the meal progresses and you drink more wine, your French improves....

mt San Francisco said...

So that's how you do it!