Monday, August 23rd.
There was a chilly wind this morning. Nevertheless, we bundled up and breakfasted on the patio to keep Nigel company. I think tomorrow we'll leave him in the enclosure a little longer as I had quite a lot of work cleaning up after him on the patio all morning. It eventually warmed up, though the breeze continued most of the day. While I did the exercise bike, the girls played Mastermind out on the patio. It's hard to find a board game that doesn't have pieces susceptible to being blown away. Then after I put in our grocery order, we started a round of Maeva's new Harry Potter game. We stopped for lunch and then took it up again after swimming in the late afternoon. I had intended to check my work email today, but somehow never got around to it. I blame bunny-sitting tasks, computer updates and the Harry Potter game. Maybe tomorrow . . .
The girls were asking me about masks and school this morning. I explained that they would still have to wear masks and about the N95 recommendation. I showed them one of the adult ones and they both tried it on. Maeva said she'll be happy to wear one, even though they think they give you duck face. Laureva protested. She may continue to wear her cloth masks underneath. Later on, I managed to place an online order for small N95s for the girls.
I went out this afternoon for physical therapy and wore one of the newly acquired N95s, especially as the therapist is not vaccinated. I arrived to discover she was all stuffed up with a sinus infection. She told me she'd had a Covid test that was negative.
On the way home, I stopped to fill up Nigel's supply of veggies. The girls were excited to feed him this evening. He seemed particularly happy with the new parsley and carrot greens. Nigel and one of the tortoises spent much of the afternoon hanging out right next to each other. They seem to be getting along just fine.

4 comments:
Keep a close eye on Nigel and the tortoise. They may be planning a race.
I've been wearing a cloth mask over the "duck face" KN95. It hides the stark whiteness and the duckiness.
The crease in our FFP2s (French equivalent of N95s) is vertical rather than horizontal, so there's less of a duck-face effect, fortunately.
The race plot totally cracked me up!
Post a Comment