Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Lascours Lockdown, Day 534

Monday, August 30th.

Sylvain awoke with a swollen finger. We're unsure whether this is a result of a Friday evening wasp sting, or of falling into a barbary fig bush later Friday night on the way to a neighbor's house, or a combination of the two. I gave him cortisone, but it was hurting him enough that he went to urgent care in the afternoon. They gave him a prescription for antibiotics, cortisone and antihistamines.

We had to turn off the electricity mid-morning for the installation of our new well water pump. That put a crimp in my cookie and tomato tart baking plans. We played some Jungle Speed while we were waiting for the electricity to come back on.

In the afternoon, I went to my physical therapy session. I took the therapist a plate of cookies as she and her boyfriend are moving away and this was my last appointment with her. Afterwards, I picked up Max and we went to the Auchan mall in search of a phone card for him at the Orange boutique. Our health passes were checked at the entrance to the mall. As we were trying to find the phone store, we discovered that all of the mall maps have the "You are here" arrow pointing to the same place, which is only in the right place once. Oops. Unfortunately, the phone store lady seemed misinformed and couldn't actually help us. Back home, we managed to order his phone card online. It is supposed to arrive Thursday.

There was more swimming in the evening while I made caviar d'aubergine and beignets de courgettes for dinner. I think there was more of both Max the bucking rodeo monster and pool noodle fencing.

For reading time, Max finished "The Stockbroker's Clerk." After dinner, Max showed Sylvain his DJ software and played two of his original electronic music creations. Sylvain has been wanting to get a mixing board, so he was happy to get some advice from someone who already uses one.

0 comments: