Friday, May 1, 2020

Lascours Lockdown, Day 47

Friday, May 1st. Labor Day national holiday. Lily-of-the-Valley day. Usually, the day of the annual Garlaban picnic. Warmish, partly cloudy day. Probably would have been nice for a hike. Even the sprinkle of rain from two-thirty to three-thirty wouldn't have put much of a damper on things.

The girls helped Marie-Elisabeth plant in the garden this morning. They planted peppers, zucchini and eggplant. Meanwhile, I worked on balancing my checkbook. Whoo hoo! Then, we had about thirty minutes to continue work on the photobook before lunch. The girls are choosing background colors for the pages and writing captions. We should be able to finish tomorrow morning.
Laureva harvested little black seeds from her strawberries at lunch that she's hoping to plant. 
It started raining halfway through yoga, so I had to miss child's pose to move inside. Laureva has been drawing wands for each member of the family. After yoga, she wanted to show Grandpa her creations. Mine is encrusted with some precious gems and has an inside of hippo heart! I wasn't privy to the whole demonstration because I left for a few minutes when our friend Michaël delivered tonight's dinner: 26 potato, spinach and goat cheese tourtons!
The rain didn't last long, so the girls set out with Marie-Elisabeth to walk down to Alain and Jackye's house. Some sort of delivery. Meanwhile, I unloaded an accumulating car-full of garbage and recycling, and then tackled cleaning and organizing one of the kitchen cupboards. I really do not like my impractical half lazy-Susan cupboards. A quarter of the shelf space is unusable and there are places that can't be accessed for cleaning. Some sauces dating to pre 2005 got thrown out. And some spices got rediscovered. I have a surprising amount of curry powders that I'd forgotten about. Guess I'll be on the lookout for curry recipes . . . curry sourdough bread?
I sent Jenny a photo of my basket in its new home on an entryway shelf. She asked if I'd like another basket in colors closer to those of the house. She said she finds making the baskets therapeutic. Well, I'm happy to help! I ordered a khaki, orange and purple one for storing remote controls on the coffee table. She also made a little blue one for Laureva and a pink one for Maëva.
The girls arrived home from their excursion about 6pm and hit the bath. They'll be squeaky clean for supper of tourtons, veggies and salad!

2 comments:

Roy said...

Do Alain and Jackye still live in Roquevaire? How long is the walk?

Tanya said...

Yes, same place. Not long through back roads. Maybe 20 minutes.
Maëva says it took them 30 minutes yesterday. Little feet.