Monday, May 11th. Reopening Day 1.
At breakfast, the girls wanted me to continue the story of Tanya & Sylvain. I got up to Sylvlain's summer trip to Juneau and broke out the scrapbook to start showig the girls pictures.
It rained quite heavily overnight and continued throughout the morning. I had to dig out my raincoat, hat and ankle boots to venture out to my meeting at City Hall. They had asked the PTA presidents to come to an informational meeting about school reopenings. I didn't learn all that much of importance. It turns out the message they wanted to relay was that the frustration parents (AKA constituents) have been experiencing with the reopening organization process is absolutely no fault of the local municipality, but rather entirely the responsibility of the national government and the Department of Education. The outing wasn't a complete waste, however. I got to see Clément at City Hall. He was busy repainting a wall of cabinets. I gave some muffins to Frédérique who attended the same meeting. And, I finally got to pick up our box of anniversary champagne at the Post Office!
This was my first experience with some of the new hygiene protocols that are being put in place. At City Hall, two employees were filtering at the front entrance. I had to wait with another lady for a few minutes before being granted admittance. My hands were sprayed with disinfectant and there were masks available. However, I already had my own on. At the Post Office, a sign on the door informed me that only two clients were allowed inside at a time, one per counter. I waited outside for about five minutes with one woman ahead of me. When it came my turn to enter, I discovered a security agent sitting at a table in the middle of the room and newly installed plexiglass at the counters.
On the way home, the dentist called and gave me an appointment for Thursday morning. Yeah! Hopefully, I'll finally be able to get my loose crown fixed.
Yoga inside due to rain. However, I felt particularly harmonious with my teal yoga top that was color coordinated with my mat!
Workwise, the day was spent getting translation exams finalized. We're hoping to post them online tomorrow afternoon.
Rain picked up again this afternoon. The drive gets slippery. One mom almost got stuck trying to pick up her PTA order. I introduced the girls to E.T. but they don't seem to like it much. What!! Kids these days.
Monday, May 11, 2020
Lascours Lockdown, Day 58
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment